** Watch the introduction video above.
Course Length: 2 hours 34 minutes
Number of Video Lessons: 36
IN THIS COURSE, we’re going to learn how to create and answer YES/NO questions in ASL using personal pronouns and personality vocabulary. We’ll learn to make positive and negative sentences so we have multiple answers to the YES/NO questions. The vocabulary for this course consists of ASL personal pronouns, twelve (12) adjectives that describe personality, and the signs for YES, NO, MAYBE, NOT. There will be hands-on practice and testing to make sure you can sign and understand what is taught.
Excellent course!! Teacher is engaging, energetic, and thorough. He shows you the signs from the front & sides, and breaks down the phrases and words in a clear way. Perfect class for beginners! I never knew how facial expressions were so helpful within ASL communication. I'm excited to keep watching & taking more of his classes!
• Laura Fitrakis •
ABLE LINGO ASL STUDENT
IN THIS COURSE:
- Students will learn how to sign the following personality adjectives: ARROGANT, FRIENDLY, GULLIBLE, HONEST, LAZY, MEAN, NICE, POLITE, RUDE, SMART, STUBBORN, and STUPID.
- Students will learn how to sign the personal pronouns: I/ME, YOU, HE/SHE/IT, WE/US, THEY/THEM, and YOU (plural).
- Students will learn the ASL signs for YES, NO, MAYBE, and NOT.
- Students will learn to create and answer YES/NO questions in ASL with appropriate body language and facial expressions.
- Students will learn how to combine the personal pronouns, adjectives, and YES/NO/NOT signs to create three types of sentences: positive statements, negative statements, and questions.
- Each individual sign will be taught step by step to ensure correct hand position and hand shape.
- Students will be tested on their ability to sign and recognize ALL material taught in the course including questions and statements.
This course has multiple review sections to test your progress and guarantee improvement.
AFTER TAKING THIS COURSE:
- Students will be confident creating personality questions and answers in ASL
- Students will be able to create sentences using personal pronouns, personality words, and YES/NO/NOT
- Students will have a larger vocabulary and understand the mechanics of each sign taught in the course
- Students will feel more confident as they continue their journey of becoming proficient in ASL
This Course Is Included
In Our ASL Bundle
How Will It Help You?
• Start Signing Immediately With Actionable Lessons
• Learn On Your Smart Phone, Tablet, Or Computer
• Improve Your Sign Language Knowledge & Skills
• Learn From A Teacher With Over 80k Students
• Go At Your Own Pace With Bite-Size Lessons
• Be Tested On Both Signing & Understanding
• Study Online And Sign From Any Location
• Be Delighted With Your ASL Confidence
** Watch the introduction video above.
What Do You Get?
• Thirty-Five (35) American Sign Language Courses
• Bite Size, Step By Step, Hands-on ASL Instruction
• 5000+ Video Lessons With Optional Captioning
• 200+ Hours Of High Quality ASL Video Content
• Vocabulary, Statements, Questions, Dialogues
• 2 Part Testing: 1️⃣ Signing 2️⃣ Understanding
• Useful & Actionable Tips, Tricks, Strategies
• Full Access To ASL Digital File Downloads
• A Patient Instructor Full Of Positive Vibes
Hello! My name is Michael
When I was three years old, my younger brother became sick with spinal meningitis. In the process, my brother became deaf with an almost complete hearing loss. This difficult situation provided a unique opportunity for my family and I to become fluent in American Sign Language (ASL). My brother was not sent away to a deaf or hard of hearing school. He grew up with us, his hearing family, and we were active in the Deaf community.
As a former police officer and federal investigator, I often used ASL to communicate with and serve members of the Deaf community. I decided to create simple, step-by-step ASL courses because sign language is a useful and fun skill to have. Like learning any language, it opens your mind and creates the ability to communicate with a whole new group of people.