** Watch the introduction video above.
Course Length: 3 hours 21 minutes
Number of Video Lessons: 78
IN THIS COURSE, you’re going to learn to sign question and answer dialogues using verbs, pronouns, days of the week, and places around town.
WE'LL explore over forty-five (45) targeted vocabulary signs necessary for forming sentences, questions, and mini-dialogues. Throughout the course, we’ll do review and testing to check your ability to sign correctly and understand what is signed to you.
I've tried many ways to learn sign language and THIS is the best instructor I've ever seen! I can actually learn and remember and now actually communicate with several deaf neighbors. The clear instructions, demonstrations, repetition and testing teaches and reinforces so easily! BEST TEACHER EVER!
• Lizzie Hayes •
ABLE LINGO ASL STUDENT
IN THIS COURSE:
- Students will learn to sign ten (10) days of the week: MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY, YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW.
- Students will learn and understand thirty (30) signs for common places around town.
- Group 1 places: AIRPORT, BAKERY, BANK, BAR, BOOKSTORE, CAFE, CHURCH, CLINIC, COURTHOUSE, DOWNTOWN
- Group 2 places: GAS STATION, GROCERY STORE, GYM, HARDWARE STORE, HIGH SCHOOL, HOME, HOSPITAL, HOTEL, LIBRARY, MALL
- Group 3 places: MUSEUM, PARK, PET STORE, PHARMACY, POST OFFICE, RESTAURANT, SCHOOL, STORE, WORK, ZOO
- Students will learn to sign question and answer dialogues including appropriate facial expressions and head movements for “YES/NO” questions.
- Students will use the targeted vocabulary to sign complete statements, questions, and mini-dialogues.
- Students will race a timer to help improve their proficiency as they sign vocabulary, sentences, and dialogues.
- Students will learn signs individually to ensure comprehension, correct hand shape, and hand position.
- Students will be tested on their ability to sign and recognize ALL material taught in the course.
The teacher is engaging and clear even when going over really basic elementary things such as the alphabet. He really makes learning to sign engaging, fun, and useful.
• Ellie-Mae Penner •
ABLE LINGO ASL STUDENT
AFTER TAKING THIS COURSE:
- Students will be proficient signing complete statements, questions, and mini-dialogues.
- Students will be able to correctly sign and understand days of the week and places around town.
- Students will be able to sign over forty-five (45) targeted vocabulary words.
- Students will have a strong understanding of how to communicate “YES/NO” questions.
- Students will feel more confident as they continue improving their ASL skills.
- 8. Explore - Days of the Week (0:43)
- 9. Learn - Sign for MONDAY (1:23)
- 10. Learn - Sign for TUESDAY (0:55)
- 11. Learn - Sign for WEDNESDAY (1:03)
- 12. Learn - Sign for THURSDAY (1:28)
- 13. Learn - Sign for FRIDAY (0:52)
- 14. Learn - Sign for SATURDAY (0:52)
- 15. Learn - Sign for SUNDAY (0:59)
- 16. Learn - Sign for YESTERDAY (0:59)
- 17. Learn - Sign for TODAY (2:21)
- 18. Learn - Sign for TOMORROW (1:23)
- 19. Practice - All Days of the Week (2:33)
- 20. Practice - Testing Format (2:09)
- 21. Sign - Days of the Week ⏲ 3s (2:58)
- 22. Understand - Days of the Week (2:16)
- 23. Explore - Group 1 Places (0:53)
- 24. Learn - Sign for AIRPORT (1:04)
- 25. Learn - Sign for BAKERY (2:34)
- 26. Learn - Sign for BANK (1:16)
- 27. Learn - Sign for BAR (1:02)
- 28. Learn - Sign for BOOKSTORE (2:11)
- 29. Learn - Sign for CAFE (1:55)
- 30. Learn - Sign for CHURCH (1:02)
- 31. Learn - Sign for CLINIC (1:21)
- 32. Learn - Sign for COURTHOUSE (2:38)
- 33. Learn - Sign for DOWNTOWN (1:33)
- 34. Sign - Group 1 Places ⏲ 3s (2:42)
- 35. Understand - Group 1 Places (2:08)
- 36. Explore - Group 2 Places (0:56)
- 37. Learn - Sign for GAS STATION (1:37)
- 38. Learn - Sign for GROCERY STORE (1:27)
- 39. Learn - Sign for GYM (1:28)
- 40. Learn - Sign for HARDWARE STORE (1:16)
- 41. Learn - Sign for HIGH SCHOOL (0:39)
- 42. Learn - Sign for HOME (1:00)
- 43. Learn - Sign for HOSPITAL (1:18)
- 44. Learn - Sign for HOTEL (1:35)
- 45. Learn - Sign for LIBRARY (0:58)
- 46. Learn - Sign for MALL (0:58)
- 47. Sign - Group 2 Places ⏲ 3s (2:36)
- 48. Understand - Group 2 Places (2:04)
- 49. Explore - Group 3 Places (0:59)
- 50. Learn - Sign for MUSEUM (1:25)
- 51. Learn - Sign for PARK (1:00)
- 52. Learn - Sign for PET STORE (1:53)
- 53. Learn - Sign for PHARMACY (1:47)
- 54. Learn - Sign for POST OFFICE (1:00)
- 55. Learn - Sign for RESTAURANT (1:27)
- 56. Learn - Sign for SCHOOL (1:13)
- 57. Learn - Sign for STORE (1:07)
- 58. Learn - Sign for WORK (1:24)
- 59. Learn - Sign for ZOO (1:07)
- 60. Sign - Group 3 Places ⏲ 3s (2:42)
- 61. Understand - Group 3 Places (2:07)
This Course Is Included
In Our ASL Bundle
How Will It Help You?
• Start Signing Immediately With Actionable Lessons
• Learn On Your Smart Phone, Tablet, Or Computer
• Improve Your Sign Language Knowledge & Skills
• Learn From A Teacher With Over 80k Students
• Go At Your Own Pace With Bite-Size Lessons
• Be Tested On Both Signing & Understanding
• Study Online And Sign From Any Location
• Be Delighted With Your ASL Confidence
** Watch the introduction video above.
What Do You Get?
• Thirty-Five (35) American Sign Language Courses
• Bite Size, Step By Step, Hands-on ASL Instruction
• 5000+ Video Lessons With Optional Captioning
• 200+ Hours Of High Quality ASL Video Content
• Vocabulary, Statements, Questions, Dialogues
• 2 Part Testing: 1️⃣ Signing 2️⃣ Understanding
• Useful & Actionable Tips, Tricks, Strategies
• Full Access To ASL Digital File Downloads
• A Patient Instructor Full Of Positive Vibes
Hello! My name is Michael
When I was three years old, my younger brother became sick with spinal meningitis. In the process, my brother became deaf with an almost complete hearing loss. This difficult situation provided a unique opportunity for my family and I to become fluent in American Sign Language (ASL). My brother was not sent away to a deaf or hard of hearing school. He grew up with us, his hearing family, and we were active in the Deaf community.
As a former police officer and federal investigator, I often used ASL to communicate with and serve members of the Deaf community. I decided to create simple, step-by-step ASL courses because sign language is a useful and fun skill to have. Like learning any language, it opens your mind and creates the ability to communicate with a whole new group of people.