** Watch the introduction video above.
Course Length: 3 hours 28 minutes
Number of Video Lessons: 71
IN THIS COURSE, you’re going to learn to sign thirty-six (36) countries in American Sign Language (ASL). The countries will be divided into separate groups to promote bite by bite learning with ongoing review.
AFTER you’ve mastered the country signs, we’ll review ASL personal pronouns and learn thirteen (13) additional vocabulary signs. We’ll combine the country signs, pronouns, and additional vocabulary to create six (6) kinds of sentences in ASL.
YOU'LL get a lot of hands-on practice using what is taught in this course. There are also multiple testing and review sections of increasing difficulty to guarantee improvement of your signing and recognition skills.
Very easy to follow especially for people who doesn't have a lot of experience with ASL yet. I love the teacher! He does a really good job at making the lessons not intimidating.
• Celina Cabrera •
ABLE LINGO ASL STUDENT
IN THIS COURSE:
- Students will learn how to sign and understand thirty-six (36) countries in ASL.
- Group 1 countries: AMERICA, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, BRAZIL, CANADA, CHINA, COLOMBIA, FINLAND, FRANCE.
- Group 2 countries: GERMANY, GREECE, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, IRELAND, ITALY, JAPAN.
- Group 3 countries: MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORTH KOREA, NORWAY, PANAMA, POLAND, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA.
- Group 4 countries: SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THAILAND, UNITED KINGDOM, VIETNAM
- Students will learn and review the ASL personal pronouns as preparation for signing complete sentences.
- Students will learn the following additional vocabulary: ABOUT, DRIVE, FINISH, FLY, GO, LEARN, MOVE, NIGHT, NOW, PLAN, SOMEDAY, TOMORROW, TOUCH.
- Students will get hands-on practice learning and signing six (6) kinds of unique sentences in ASL.
- Students will race a timer to improve proficiency as they practice signing vocabulary and complete sentences.
- Students will see English sentences translated into ASL using ASL grammar rules.
- Students will learn signs individually to ensure comprehension, correct hand shape, and hand position.
- Students will be tested on their ability to sign and recognize ALL material taught in the lessons.
I really love the teacher's energy, it makes the class super fun and engaging!
• Maya Taisey •
ABLE LINGO ASL STUDENT
AFTER TAKING THIS COURSE:
- Students will be able to sign and understand thirty-six (36) countries in ASL.
- Students will be able to use the vocabulary to sign six (6) unique kinds of sentences.
- Students will be confident using and understanding ASL personal pronouns.
- Students will feel more confident as they continue improving their ASL skills.
- 2. Explore - Group 1 Countries (0:52)
- 3. Learn - Sign for AMERICA (1:41)
- 4. Learn - Sign for ARGENTINA (1:29)
- 5. Learn - Sign for AUSTRALIA (2:29)
- 6. Learn - Sign for BRAZIL (1:40)
- 7. Learn - Sign for CANADA (2:12)
- 8. Learn - Sign for CHINA (1:21)
- 9. Learn - Sign for COLOMBIA (2:23)
- 10. Learn - Sign for FINLAND (1:51)
- 11. Learn - Sign for FRANCE (2:13)
- 12. Practice - Testing Group 1 (2:54)
- 13. Sign - Group 1 Countries ⏲ 3s (2:51)
- 14. Understand - Group 1 Countries (2:17)
- 15. Explore - Group 2 Countries (0:53)
- 16. Learn - Sign for GERMANY (1:36)
- 17. Learn - Sign for GREECE (1:57)
- 18. Learn - Sign for INDIA (1:27)
- 19. Learn - Sign for INDONESIA (1:42)
- 20. Learn - Sign for IRAN (1:23)
- 21. Learn - Sign for IRAQ (1:45)
- 22. Learn - Sign for IRELAND (2:29)
- 23. Learn - Sign for ITALY (1:47)
- 24. Learn - Sign for JAPAN (1:11)
- 25. Sign - Group 2 Countries ⏲ 3s (2:54)
- 26. Understand - Group 2 Countries (2:12)
- 30. Explore - Group 3 Countries (0:49)
- 31. Learn - Sign for MEXICO (1:33)
- 32. Learn - Sign for NETHERLANDS (1:41)
- 33. Learn - Sign for NEW ZEALAND (2:03)
- 34. Learn - Sign for NORTH KOREA (4:04)
- 35. Learn - Sign for NORWAY (1:55)
- 36. Learn - Sign for PANAMA (1:32)
- 37. Learn - Sign for POLAND (1:57)
- 38. Learn - Sign for RUSSIA (2:01)
- 39. Learn - Sign for SAUDI ARABIA (1:28)
- 40. Sign - Group 3 Countries ⏲ 3s (2:51)
- 41. Understand - Group 3 Countries (2:17)
- 42. Explore - Group 4 Countries (0:59)
- 43. Learn - Sign for SOUTH AFRICA (3:29)
- 44. Learn - Sign for SOUTH KOREA (3:04)
- 45. Learn - Sign for SPAIN (1:38)
- 46. Learn - Sign for SWEDEN (1:20)
- 47. Learn - Sign for SWITZERLAND (1:33)
- 48. Learn - Sign for TAIWAN (1:40)
- 49. Learn - Sign for THAILAND (1:27)
- 50. Learn - Sign for UNITED KINGDOM (2:03)
- 51. Learn - Sign for VIETNAM (3:03)
- 52. Sign - Group 4 Countries ⏲ 3s (2:52)
- 53. Understand - Group 4 Countries (2:26)
- 61. Explore - Sentence Types (1:27)
- 62. Learn - Someday I’m going to Thailand (6:09)
- 63. Learn - Tomorrow we’re driving to Spain (5:53)
- 64. Learn - Have you been to Canada (6:50)
- 65. Learn - She plans to move to China (5:34)
- 66. Learn - I like to learn about Ireland (6:47)
- 67. Learn - Tonight he’s flying to Germany (6:50)
This Course Is Included
In Our ASL Bundle
How Will It Help You?
• Start Signing Immediately With Actionable Lessons
• Learn On Your Smart Phone, Tablet, Or Computer
• Improve Your Sign Language Knowledge & Skills
• Learn From A Teacher With Over 80k Students
• Go At Your Own Pace With Bite-Size Lessons
• Be Tested On Both Signing & Understanding
• Study Online And Sign From Any Location
• Be Delighted With Your ASL Confidence
** Watch the introduction video above.
What Do You Get?
• Thirty-Five (35) American Sign Language Courses
• Bite Size, Step By Step, Hands-on ASL Instruction
• 5000+ Video Lessons With Optional Captioning
• 200+ Hours Of High Quality ASL Video Content
• Vocabulary, Statements, Questions, Dialogues
• 2 Part Testing: 1️⃣ Signing 2️⃣ Understanding
• Useful & Actionable Tips, Tricks, Strategies
• Full Access To ASL Digital File Downloads
• A Patient Instructor Full Of Positive Vibes
Hello! My name is Michael
When I was three years old, my younger brother became sick with spinal meningitis. In the process, my brother became deaf with an almost complete hearing loss. This difficult situation provided a unique opportunity for my family and I to become fluent in American Sign Language (ASL). My brother was not sent away to a deaf or hard of hearing school. He grew up with us, his hearing family, and we were active in the Deaf community.
As a former police officer and federal investigator, I often used ASL to communicate with and serve members of the Deaf community. I decided to create simple, step-by-step ASL courses because sign language is a useful and fun skill to have. Like learning any language, it opens your mind and creates the ability to communicate with a whole new group of people.